BuildIT 2.0 Build 115 Released

A new build is available that adds a couple of minor features and fixes:

  • Added ability to ‘copy’ an item in the File Management Task list
  • Added nice new QHTM List Box control for Insert Items dialog and made it sizeable
    Insert Items dialog is now sizeable and has more description
  • Added graphics to most dialogs
    Graphics have been added to most dialogs and pages to make them a little less daunting
  • Improved/Changed task graphics and icons
  • Fixed some nasty resource leaks and excessive GDI and memory usage when many progress bars appear within the output window
  • Fixed output log not scrolling to the end when new output is added

Don’t forget, please let me know if something isn’t working or requires a change or addition to make BuildIT more useful … I love to hear feedback and it helps focus things.

Post to Delicious Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

BuildIT 2.0 Build 114 Released

A new build is available that adds a couple of minor features and fixes:

  • Added ability to specify connection and transfer timeouts for GetWebFile object
  • Added ability for GetWebFile to follow page redirects automatically and also to handle cookies so that the request will work as expected
  • Added new recursive file management abilities, this enables you to copy or move an entire folder structure to a different location (really useful)
  • Added FileManagement option to “error” if specified file to copy/move/delete doesnt exist (not available if recursive option is selected)
  • Added ability to define and pass in macros to a command line build file: -m==
    For example, you could specify several macros to the one file being executed like this:
    -m=”SOURCE=c:\my test folder\” -m=”DEST=c:\my dest folder\”
  • Fixed bug where running an external BuildIT file as a task would only execute the first task
  • Fixed bug where macros in GetWebFile werent being expanded

Post to Delicious Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

Changes to Get Web Page task

Added timeout options to Get Web Page objectI have been doing a bit of tweaking to BuildIT recently.

One of these things is the ability to specify some timeout values to the Get Web Page task … this allows you to fine tune your tasks so it doesn’t hold up your process, or if it’s a slow server, you can allow it to wait.

The other changes are more internal:

  • Follow Redirects: Now the task will follow any redirects (to a maximum of 20) so you can through login pages or other redirected pages.
  • Cookie Handling: It also internally handles cookies, so if you passed login information in the URL or Post Data which subsequently set session or permanent cookies for logging-in, then the cookies are used on other pages or any redirects.

These additions should make the Task a lot more useful.

Post to Delicious Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

Blog engine investigation…

I have been using an old ASP based blog engine called BlogWorksXML … this was in alpha years ago and the author has ceased any and all development, which is a real shame.

I had been suffering from an unmangeable deluge of comment spam for porn and all sorts … this was a real pain to manage due to the way blogworks works and with no improvements on the horizon it was time to pull it all or look for an alternative.

So, I had to look for something that would have the following things; installable on my own server rather than linking off to a different site; e-mail notifications when someone posted a comment, so I know about it and can reply … a few times, some comments had been sitting there for a day or two before I knew about them; multiple trackbacks; moderation/approval of comments and other ways to control spam; I quite like the ability to power it from a GUI like BlogJet so something popular and well know was essential

Now a quick search on google found no decent and still supported (also English written in case I have to get into the code) blog engines using just plain vanilla ASP so I started looking further afield.

My investigations ended with Moveable Type (which although powerful, costs money for anything other than a personal blog which I fear this is not, so that was out), and WordPress … Wow!

Getting the server to a point that I could install WordPress … php and mysql, and together oh what a pain .. install this, unzip that, read google to find out why I am getting errors, setup test pages, configure an ini file, discover that the ini file it actually uses is in c:\windows, try again, modify, test, success! Hurrah!

I then spent a little while, creating my own template/theme so it looks like my current blog and voila, its all cool. And more importantly, its continually supported so I should get any new things that get added.

So, when everything has been fully tested, I will start installing it onto the live server and hopefully do some more blogging again.


An update … it’s all live now and seems to work fine (once I got over the firewall issues, which is always a pain!)

Post to Delicious Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon